November 13, 2012

Haters will hate and I will still believe


Last night, I received an email from this classmate of mine when I was studying Mass Communication in Paris. It made my day.

To make it short, he told me it was quite weird for him to write this message but seeing what was happening to me, he felt he had to. He went on with the fact he was part of the people who didn’t believe me when I said I was moving to this tiny island in the Philippines, refering to himslef as a slanderous Parisian.

He said that after all, he’ve got to admit I’m holding on what I said and he’s really happy about it.

He congratulated me for my recent wedding and my beautiful daugther.

Photography courtesy of Denise Tolentino


Yes, people criticized me. I didn’t care.
They bad-mouthed my choices. I didn’t listen to them.

I believed in myself and my dreams were louder than all the malicious mind around me.

They were waiting for me to fall. They were waiting for me to fail and come back to France. They were expecting me to fit in where I was supposed to be.

Guess what? I was supposed to be where I am now! And I am staying right here, chin up, stronger everyday.

Now people back in France will know when I say something, I do it.
If I have a dream, I will want it so hard I will end up getting it. With time, work and a push from the Universe.

Don’t ever let people choose for you, intimidate you, make you change your mind.
Follow your heart. Shake your mind. Walk in the untouched path.

I let people hate, talk and slander me.
Because I knew what I was capable of.
I am not the one who will live with regrets.

Hater will always hate..

I don’t want to be one of them.
I will keep living my life and loving it wherever it brings me.

If ever people are waiting for you to fail, it’s only for them to fell better themselves.
Never take it as a failure but as an experience that will make you grow and bring you to the right path. The path that was made for you.

Photography courtesy of Denise Tolentino

"Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe




1 comment:

  1. Here I see one reason of why we're such good friends! We have different opinions sometimes, we were talking about it the other day, but we're the same when it comes to do everything we can to reach our dreams and never let go. Stay that way!

    Lots of love to such a beautiful and inspiring family!

    Marion D B

    ReplyDelete