October 6, 2012

The best accessory a girl can own is confidence!


"Making the decision to have a child -- it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
-- Elizabeth Stone



Being a new mom is not an easy thing.

You have to deal with so much !

Get to know this tiny little munchkin.
Getting to adjust to your new life.
Going back to work or organizing your new life at home.
Dealing with the Daddy Yos.

When you think it’s all done, there’s more!
Adjusting to your new body, the one that changed, the one that will come back to normal eventually. Or not.
Dealing with all the comments of the people surrounding you. The ones that always want you good. The ones that will tell you what to do, how to do it and what’s best for your own child.
And dealing with your new-mom-self-confidence.


I met some people who were telling me I was still quite fat after giving birth. Or wondering why I did not loose the weight yet. Well, I just ignored them. I feel amazing in my body because this exact same body gave me the most wonderful and beautiful baby girl. So if I have a few extra kilos that won’t disapear straight away, I can live with them.
No one can tell me how I should look.

Yes, I have stretch mark. And no, it is not because I was eating too much fat food or was not taking care of myself. I applied the magic creams and oils since day 1 and it did not change anything. My tummy was not even huge. And it did not change anything.
Stretch marks depend of the quality of your skin. And guess what? My skin sucks!
At the begining, I hated them!! Trying to hide them under a one piece swimming suit the first time I went on the beach.
Until my good friend Abbey told me to own it. Not to be ashame. Yes ! She was totally right ! These are our batlle scars! We are moms and this is written on our skin. I always wore two piece bikini, why should I stop now ? If carrying my daughter did this to me, then I should be proud of it !
Plus let’s get real. Who notice it the most? You and other women. Your man does not care about it!

I love getting advices from good friends who want the best for you.
My friend Heather is amazing at this. If you really ask her some advices, she will always be honest, real and give you confidence. Telling you what work for her but never pushing you to follow this yourself. She will always tell you to follow what you think is best for you and your child. To do what works for you.
But some people seem to like telling you how to raise your own child depend on their own preferences. 
Well, people. Alia is my baby and as long as I am not doing something that is threatening her life, I will follow my heart. So I will keep co-sleeping as it works for all of us. I will keep breastfeeding her as long as both of us are good with it. Thank you anyway!

Motherhood is hard on the self confidence of new moms as well.
We doubt. We are scared that this decision might mess up the rest of our child’s life. We compare ourself to other moms.
But every child is different and every mom  is too. Each of our baby require a special need, a special care. The one of his own mom.
We all have a different background, different cultures, we were raised differently as well.
Do not compare yourself to others. We all are in the same basket. Even if it does not look like. At the end of the day, we all have the same questions running in our head.

So rise your head up! You are amazing!!

And you are doing the best you can.
You brought a child into this World and you will raise her to be the best person she can be.
No one is perfect.
As long as we do everything we do with a great love, we cannot go wrong.

Love yourself and trust your way!


1 comment:

  1. We all have a different background, different cultures, we were raised differently as well.

    Well said, Pauline! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete